AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi says he
believes the club are better off having Mario
Balotelli than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Milan spent a lot of money this summer on the
likes of Carlos Bacca, Alessio Romagnoli and Luiz
Adriano, while they also picked up Balotelli on
loan from Inter Milan.
After their 3-2 win over Palermo, Berlusconi was
asked about the transfers that didn't work out,
like Geoffrey Kondogbia (who chose to join rivals
Inter for €35 million) and Paris Saint-Germain star
Ibrahimovic (who stayed in France).
"It was a wise move not to buy Kondogbia at
those figures," Berlusconi said. "The starting point
for negotiations was half what Inter eventually
paid.
"Ibra wanted to come to us, but PSG wouldn't let
him go. He really hoped that he would come to
Milan. Oh well, we've got Balotelli now and he's
younger. Ibra, like me, is getting old."
Berlusconi was happy with the way Milan set up
against Palermo and believes that his side can
impress this season.
"I liked Milan and saw a performance with
incredible sporting aggression," he added. "I
rarely recall seeing such a strong pressing game.
I continue to hope we can keep the ball when
leading with 15 minutes to go, but I see it's very
difficult to do, even for big teams.
"Carlos Bacca has a great eye for goal, I like him a
lot. Balotelli didn't get a pass wrong tonight and
God willing he really is a different Balo. He seemed
more serious and considerate.
"He had a series of runs and combined with the
other players. I hope he can continue like this in
future. I talk to him on the phone every now and
then. I think he has reached maturity.
"I'd like to see Balo has a trequartista, although
let's not forget Jeremy Menez is still out injured.
Balo can play any of the three roles in attack."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top