Thierry Henry says Arsene Wenger is teaching
him how to be a manager, with the former striker
having returned to Arsenal to help train the club's
youth teams this season.
Henry became Arsenal's all-time leading scorer
during his time as a player, and is now working
toward getting his coaching licence at the club.

He said he is making the most of the opportunity
to learn from the current Premier League's most
experienced manager, having regular chats with
Wenger about every aspect of leading a club.

"We speak about training youngsters and how it's
different to training senior players. We talk about
being a manager, we talk about players from the
academy. I will ask him questions on how to deal
with certain situations," Henry told Arsenal
Magazine.
Henry scored a club-record 228 goals in 377
appearances with Arsenal, leading the team to
two Premier League titles and three FA Cups in
his eight-year stint.
His performances earned him a statue outside
Emirates Stadium, but the former France striker
says he still has a lot to learn about the coaching
aspects at a top club.

"I have a certain view of how I would like teams to
play but it's one thing to have a view and another
to try and execute it. For example are you still
going to maintain that philosophy if you've lost
two or three games, while fans are upset, the
press is having a go and players are storming into
your office?" he said.

"It's all stuff I'm learning. How to stay strong, how
to remain in the same direction despite enduring
problems."
Having seen his former France teammate
Zinedine Zidane take over as Real Madrid coach
this week, Henry might be tempted to start
dreaming about one day succeeding Wenger as
Arsenal manager. For now, though, Henry said
he's happy just to be involved with the club
again.

"I asked the boss and he said to come, train with
the under-18s and 19s and help conduct
sessions. I'm just an assistant at the minute, I'm
not a coach but it's great, as you can imagine,"
Henry said. "It's the place I love, there's so much
emotion for me here so this was always going to
be where I wanted to start my coaching."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top