I would like to report a rape case. I
considered going to the police but I'm
sure the rapist might be able to pay his
way out and no action will be taken.

I'm a
youth corper serving in akwa ibom state. On the
8th of January this year, I traveled to Edo
State with a fellow corper whom I trusted
very much.

We were friends in camp and
fortunately we got posted to the same
local government, so it seemed like it was
a plan arranged by heaven. So on the
evening of Jan. 8th, we were in his friends
room off campus and I slept off watching a
movie on his laptop.

Some time later I
woke up and found him touching me.
I resisted and he forced himself on me the
first time. Although I tried fighting him off
the first time, he easily overpowered me
because of his size. After the first time, I
cried for a while while he apologised
profusely. Because I didn't have anywhere
to run to and he held me down, he had his
way the second time and didn't even
bother apologising or anything.

He just
slept off and woke up begging and
begging. I searched online for places I
could report rape cases to that weren't the
police, but I didn't see any.
The guy is Serving in ikot ekpene Local Government,
. Batch B, Stream 2.

He is a UNIBEN alumni and was a past
SUG president and is popular in the
school. I want justice to be exerted
promptly. I think his father has a military
background which could pose a problem.
I
would like to remain anonymous where
ever this letter is used as my parents
would be furious if they found out I left my
PPA to attend a wedding in Edo State.

Rape is a social disease#

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top