Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, the first chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has reacted to rumours that he has returned his share of the money he got from Col Sambo Dasuki, the former National Security Adviser (NSA).

nuhu-ribadu

Nuhu Ribadu reacts to allegations that he returned some looted money which he collected from the embattled former NSA, Sambo Dasuki

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain was rumoured to have returned a portion of the loot he allegedly collected from the embattled former NSA, but he was quick to respond to the allegations via a press statement.

According to Leadership, Ribadu, in his statement titled: 'Blackmail and Malicious Fabrications', explained that he has no link whatsoever with the ex-NSA while in office let alone being a beneficiary of a largesse from him.

The statement reads: "My attention has been drawn to insinuations in certain quarters of my purported repayment of some monies I was allegedly given by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).

"For the record, let me categorically state that I had nothing to do with the former NSA while he was in office. I cannot remember meeting him at anytime while he held sway. It is therefore shocking for me to be accused of receiving something from someone I never had any relationship with, not to talk of refunding money he gave me."

Meanwhile, Dr Tanko Yakassai, an elder statesman, 

The presidential liaison officer in the second republic, who also heads northern elders' council, lamented that Buhari's bias antigraft campaign has unfortunately won over right thinking men like Prof Wole Soyinka.


man*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top