Manchester City and Ivory Coast star player, Yaya
Toure has won the BBC African Footballer of the
year award . He beat competition from Yacine
Brahimi, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andre
Ayew and Sadio Mane to win the coveted award
in London today. He last won it in 2013, and has
now become the only player to have won the
award twice apart from Jay Jay Okocha and Kanu
Nwankwo.
"I am very proud. To receive this
dedication from the fans is unbelievable"
Toure told BBC Sport. "Also I want to pay
tribute to the other nominees. African
football is growing up, becoming much
better and we have fantastic young
players coming through now. I am
delighted and very happy. And as an
African player, I want to lead all my
younger brothers to be successful in the
future. When I was a kid I was always
dreaming of being an important player. I
have sacrificed a lot. I will continue to try
to win a trophy every year, I will fight to
win a personal trophy." he said

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top